Washington County Bank has specifically created an account to handle the finances for young adults and provide peace of mind to parents. We call it MoneyTree. It offers everything a high school or college student needs including several unique features which are designed specifically for students.
This is an account created just for students*
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposits
- Touch-Tone Banking
- Online Banking
- Unlimited ATM Transactions at WCB and
- Online Billpay
- Visa Debit Card or ATM Card
- Account Alerts
- Paperless Statements
- No Minimum Daily Balance
- Unlimited Check Writing
- 3 Free Non-WCB and transactions per month
- One Time Courtesy Fee Refund**
WHAT DO I NEED TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT?
- Two forms of identification – one must be a photo identification and the second can be any of the following: social security card, voter registration card, birth certificate, driver's license or student ID. If the address on your license is not current, we will need proof of address (pay stub, utility bill, etc).
- Parent or Guardian co-signer if 18 or younger
We, at Washington County Bank, firmly believe that teaching teens about money and savings is a crucial part of providing our youth with a superior education. Children, especially teens, are typically fascinated by money, enjoy spending and salivate at the thought of becoming rich. They may know very little about money management, the importance of spending less than they have, and the key role a budgeting plan plays in lifelong finances. Our objective with MoneyTree is to be a learning partner with you and your teen. The earlier we can teach these responsible habits, the more likely they are to manage their money into adulthood.
Moneytree advantages for parents:
- Online access and account alerts give you the chance to review your teen’s account activity anytime
- Ability to set daily limits on debit card purchases and withdrawals from ATMs
- Online transfers allow you to easily move money into your teen’s account
*Only full or part-time students through the age of 25 are eligible. Co-applicant (over age 19) required for minors.
**Customer is responsible for reporting courtesy fee refund