Purchasing a new home?
As a part of the community, our work means helping neighbors achieve their dreams. We understand that every borrower is different, and we offer a variety of products to meet your unique needs. We are committed to helping you find the right real estate product and walking with you through the mortgage process. Whether you’re looking to buy or build a home, Washington County Bank has the financing to meet your needs.
Thinking of refinancing?
Take advantage of great interest rates by refinancing your existing mortgage loan. Refinancing can significantly lower your mortgage payment and free up your monthly cash flow to make your money stretch even further. Or, refinancing can reduce the number of years to payoff your loan – building up the equity in your home even faster. Talk with us today about how a refinance might fit into your financial plans.
Verification information is not required to begin the mortgage application process. However, to finalize a mortgage the following documentation may be requested after a Good Faith Estimate is received.
- Copy of your Purchase Contract, signed by all buyers and sellers (for a purchase transaction).
- Copy of your pay stub(s) covering the last 30 days, for all applicants (e.g., if you're paid twice per month, you would need to have two pay stubs). (Continue to save your pay stubs until after closing)
- Copy of your W-2 forms for the last two years, for all applicants.
- Copy of your last 2-years federal tax returns, for all applicants.
- Copy of your bank statements for the past two months, for all checking and savings accounts.
- Name and address of landlord for the last 24 months, if you're currently renting or have rented in the past 24 months.
- Copy of your 401(k) and IRA statements (if applicable).
- Copy of your investment account statements for the past two months (e.g., mutual fund accounts - if applicable).
Additional items you may need
IF YOU'RE APPLYING FOR AN FHA LOAN
- Photocopy of social security card.
IF YOU'RE APPLYING FOR A VA LOAN
- VA Certificate of Eligibility.
- Form DD-214 or, for in-service veterans, Statement of Service.
- Most recent Leave and Earnings Statements (in-service veterans only).
- Name, address and cost of child care provider (if applicable).
IF YOU'RE SELF EMPLOYED OR HAVE COMMISSION OR BONUS INCOME
- Copies of your last two years' personal and business signed income tax returns.
- Year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet. (If self-employed)
IF YOU'VE BEEN DIVORCED
- Complete signed copy of all divorce decrees, including property settlements, stipulations or modifications.
- Proof of receipt of child support payments for the last 24 months (only if you intend to use to qualify for your mortgage loan).
IF YOU'VE DECLARED BANKRUPTCY IN THE LAST 7 YEARS
- Copy of the Petition/Decree, Schedule of Creditors and copy of Discharge.
- Please write a letter of explanation on why you filed for bankruptcy.
MISCELLANEOUS (IF APPLICABLE)
- If you've graduated from high school or college during the past two years, please enclose a copy of your diploma.
- If during the past two years you have a gap in your employment of 30 days or more, please enclose a letter explaining the reason for the gap in employment.
- If you're selling your present home, you'll need to provide us with a copy of your signed HUD-1 Settlement Statement showing the amount of proceeds (if the sale of your home is not yet complete, please provide us with your Realtor's "Estimate of Proceeds").
- If you have rental property, we'll need a copy of your current lease and copies of your last two years' signed federal income tax returns.
- If you're receiving a "gift" for part of your down payment, do not deposit the gift funds until you visit with your Mortgage Loan Originator.
- If your employer is relocating you, please provide a copy of your company's relocation policy.